Thursday 7 August 2008

The 'Kurang Ajar' manipulation.

As a Malaysian secondary school student , I feel strongly that we as students in our youth are being highly victimized by our elderliness's ego for command over the age difference . It is understood that when ever students in school face cases over issues such as fights , discipline and rules , they are the ones who are always forced take the fall regardless on how unfair the judgement is. This is because if we refuse to be suckers by keeping quite, in pursuit for justice over us . We will than face an even heavier penalty called 'Tidak Menghormati Guru '(disrespecting teacher) in the name of 'KURANG AJAR' laid upon us whereby students can then be demerited up to 60% of the whole merit point . And even for someone who commited this as their first wrong doing in school he/she will potentially be suspended or expelled due to the lack of merit points .
This means that just because one is younger he/she does not have the right to speak up for their own and that the prosecutors are being the judges them self.
As sad as it seem, this practice of prejudism is very popular in Malaysia , in fact, there is even a saying to go with it in malay context "matikan anak jangan matikan adat".

I feel very strongly that this misuse of authority should stop. And we as student in our teens have the right to speak up on our opinion and views regardless on what ever issue or case put forward.

p/s ; The reason I'm writing this is because I've been called upon to attend the Majlis Disiplin next week because of a misunderstanding I had with led to a fight between me and my friend and I'm am very concern about this injustice practice possibly being put against me in my case.


Ameen Ruslan

No comments: